Web Design & Monthly Maintenance Proposal
Town of Italy, NY
Welcome & Thank you!
Welcome to your website design & maintenance proposal!
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide web design services and monthly website maintenance for the Town of Italy, NY.
This proposal will walk you through all the details of working together. I will lay out what deliverables you can expect from me, the development process, estimated project timeline, pricing, and samples of my other work.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Website Strategy for the Town of Italy, NY
Website to Include:
- Details about and contact information for Town officials, boards, and staff
- Local news, information, & updates including closures,DEC information, and links to County and State resources in a centralized location to keep residents informed
- Calendar of upcoming Town board meetings and Town events
- Easy access to board & committee minutes, budget details, assessment reports, zoning code, and public hearings information
Setup & Services
- Website responsiveness testing
- Domain name registration
- Setup hosting service of your choice
- Custom-domain email account setup (if chosen hosting allows)
As outlined below in the Development Process section, I will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Website strategy document that outlines navigation, key pages, visual style, etc.
- Brand Kit to be reviewed, iterated and approved
- Wireframes for the new website to be reviewed, iterated and approved
- Full design of the new website to be reviewed, iterated and approved
- Video recording of our basic training session with your team on how to edit the website
- Final, mobile-responsive website live on your the hosting service of your choice
I also want to note what is outside the scope of this project:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Submission to Search Engines
- Design of branding assets such as logos
My structured approach to the web design process helps ensure everyone knows what to expect each step of the way. This process also helps keep us on schedule and on budget.
Goal Setting & Strategy Session
We will have an initial meeting to go over your goals and ideas for the site. This meeting should include other members of your team that will be involved with the development and/or maintenance of the website. Together we will create a set of design specifications and over-arching goals for the site that will serve as a roadmap for the design process. A Strategy Outline document will be provided outlining navigation, key pages, overall style of the website, and goals for the site.
Brand Kit Development
Before we get started on developing the visual elements of the design, I create a Brand Kit that includes logos and their variants, color palette, fonts, and basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) keywords. This process ensures that the website will remain in alignment with your overall branding strategy. The Brand Kit will be provided to you as a PDF for reference for other projects and marketing activities.
Once we’ve agreed on the over-arching vision and strategy for the site, I will develop a basic wireframe of the new site showing the navigation, page layouts, etc. This will allow you to understand the overall look and feel of the site and make initial adjustments to the basic structure for the site.
Once the wireframe is approved, I will begin designing the site on WordPress using the Divi Page Builder. Using a site developer like WordPress combined with the Divi Page Builder makes it easy for your team to update the website however you need without needing to know any complicated coding or programs.
Final Approval & Training
Once the site is built, we’ll jump on a video call and I will walk you through the new website.
I will also do a basic training session with your team so they understand how to edit the website when needed. The session will be recorded so it can be referred to at any time.
Deployment – “Going Live”
Once you’ve approved the site, we’ll push it live at the hosting service of your choice. I can help with recommendations if needed.
My projected timeline for your web design project is below. All dates are dependent upon the receipt from you all necessary materials, information, and meeting availability and are therefore subject to change.
Estimated Date of Completion: September 8
Goal Setting & Strategy Session
Website Strategy Document
Estimated Date of Completion: September 21
Estimated Date of Completion: September 25
Estimated Date of Completion: October 9
Full Design for Review
Estimated Date of Completion: October 30
Estimated Date of Completion: November 13
Pricing – Website Design
Total Project Cost
Estimated Total Hours
60 – 80 hours
$1125 – 50% Total Project Cost [Due upon signing]
$1125 – Remaining 50% Total Project Cost [Due upon approval of final design]
* Hourly work above and beyond the scope of this website design proposal will be at my regular rate of $50 per hour per the Terms & Conditions.
Pricing – Monthly Maintenance
Monthly Maintenance Fees
Maximum Hours Per Month
- Board Minutes Uploads
- Calendar Updates
- Site Backups
- Back-end Maintenance including Plugin & Theme Updates
- Other Maintenance as needed
* Hourly work beyond the included 5 hours per month will be at my regular rate of $50 per hour per the Terms & Conditions.
$225 – Due on the 1st of each service month [Begins after the website is launched]
I offer a Brand Kit as part of the website design process to help you build a recognizable brand that is consistent throughout all your marketing projects.
Basic training is provided and recorded so your team can maintain the site with confidence.
"Pepper was responsive, patient, and she solved a problem that had been slowing me down for months—all in less than two hours. What a tremendous relief! I wish I had contacted her sooner. I will continue to seek out her support in my small business and would recommend her without reservation to others."
"I've worked with Pepper Makepeace on several projects for several different clients and I've been impressed every step of the way. Working with multiple clients means I need a team member who values communication and collaboration. Pepper's ability to distill the tech world, and its constantly evolving elements, into useful and pertinent information is one of her most valuable traits. Turn around on design elements has always been quick and on time with any adjustments easy to discuss. I would highly recommend working with Pepper, especially if you're ready to have a partner to build your web presence. "
Ready to get Started?
Still have questions?
If you have any questions or concerns about anything in this proposal, please use the form below to send me an email. I will get back to you within 48 hours.